Blogversation 2012: What routines or rituals do you engage in at the start and/or end of the day?
Throughout this year, several bloggers will engage in a conversation here and on their blogs — asking questions of each other and responding. Others are absolutely welcome to join the conversation, as well. Learn more about the ladies of Blogversation 2012.
Today’s question comes from Eleanor Traubman, Creative Times, @creativetimes on Twitter:
Eleanor Traubman wants to know about your rituals to start or end your day.
What routines or rituals do you engage in at the start and/or end of the day?
There are five things I do before I go to sleep.
- To wind down at night, I always take a shower. Physically, it completely relaxes me and prepares me for sleep.
- In one journal, I jot down ten things I’m grateful for that happened during the day and also document my intention for the following day. To “find” the intention, I get quiet in a chair by the window and let a message come to me. It’s really quite amazing how powerful these intentions are!
- I map out a timeline/schedule for the next day so I have a sense of how I want things to flow. Sometimes, the flowchart goes into my iPhone and I make changes to it as needed if things shift.
- I look at inspirational books that are more image- than text-oriented.
- I kiss my husband good night and tell him I love him.